La Comunità per L'Ulivo, per tutto L'Ulivo dal 1995
FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

I bimbi yemeniti "scomparsi" in Israele

Discussioni su quanto avviene su questo piccolo-grande pianeta. Temi della guerra e della pace, dell'ambiente e dell'economia globale.

I bimbi yemeniti "scomparsi" in Israele

Messaggioda flaviomob il 12/06/2018, 1:14

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40342143#

Missing babies: Israel's Yemenite children affair
By Yolande Knell
BBC News, Jerusalem

In the years after the creation of the Israeli state hundreds of babies went missing. Their parents, mostly Jewish immigrants from Yemen, were told their children had died, but suspicions linger that they were secretly given away to childless families - and newly released documents have revealed some disturbing evidence.

When Leah Aharoni remembers losing her baby daughter five decades ago, she bursts into tears.

"I just saw her for a short time. She was pretty with fair skin. She opened her eyes and looked at me, as if she was saying: 'Don't let me go,'" she says.

Leah had given birth to premature twins in a hospital near her home in Kiryat Ekron, in central Israel, but the little girls were sent away to be cared for.

She was told they were being taken to a special clinic in Tel Aviv. But when Leah's husband visited soon afterwards, only one of the twins was there. The other, Hanna, had died, he was informed.

Leah was shocked not to be shown a body or a grave - a common feature of such stories - but she and her husband did not doubt the heart-breaking news.

It was only years later that she began asking questions, when her surviving daughter, Hagit, turned 18 and was called for national military service.

Two draft notices arrived in the post simultaneously. One for Hagit - and one for Hanna. This is another hallmark of missing baby stories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemenite_Children_Affair

The Yemenite Children Affair Hebrew: פרשת ילדי תימן‬ Parshat Yeladei Teiman) was the possible disappearance of hundreds of babies and toddlers of new immigrants to the newly founded state of Israel, mainly from Yemen, between the years 1948 to 1954. Most cases involved the parents being told in the hospital that their newborn children had died, although they never received additional reliable information about their fates.[1] The parents claim that their children were really kidnapped and given or sold to Ashkenazi families. In a few cases, the children tracked down their parents many years later and conclusively determined their relationship to their Yemenite relations using DNA testing.[2]

"Dovremmo aver paura del capitalismo, non delle macchine".
(Stephen Hawking)
flaviomob
forumulivista
forumulivista

Re: I bimbi yemeniti "scomparsi" in Israele

Messaggioda franz il 12/06/2018, 9:12

Atroce ma guardando la realtà in faccia questa era prassi anche in europa e pare sia prassi anche oggi in Italia, nel lazio, con i bambini rom e sinti. In tutto il 1900, o almeno fino agli anni '70 era prassi in Svezia e Svizzera sottrarre minori ai nomadi per darli in adozione. Ma credo che cercando bene troveremo dati anche in altri paesi. Certo, non dicevano loro che il figlio era morto (quella che mia suocera chiamava bugia pietosa) ma la sottrazione era ed è d'imperio, con la forza.
E riguarda decine di migliaia di casi, documentati.

Ora lasciamo perdere i secoli scorsi (a cui l'articolo che linko fa cenno) ed anche i primi decenni del '900 quando la pratica delle adozioni forzate era comune verso diverse etnie (rom, africani, aborigeni, indios) ma dal 1952 la sottrazione massiccia di minori da un gruppo etnico è un elemento che puo' essere equiparato al genocidio. Quindi la prassi a partire dagli anni '60 dovrebbe essere cessata.

Cosa sta dietro alla sottrazione di minori? Basta vedere il caso attuale dei rom per capirlo.
Si intende, da parte dell'autorità che sottrae figli alle minoranze la valutazione che il minore non ha una vita adeguata nella sua famiglia e che può vivere meglio se dato in adozione. Questa era la linea guida allora ed è, mi risulta, anche oggi.

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2017/1 ... e/4057478/
https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2013/1 ... io/761676/

Tra l'altro un amico presente nelle varie ML prima di questo forum, sul tema ci ha scritto un libro, che ho letto (feci la correzione bozze). Il Seminatore. https://www.lafeltrinelli.it/libri/mari ... 8806167776

È la storia di uno zingaro a cui lo stato sottrae i due figli e di come a modo suo, si vendica.
Credo che purtroppo sia esaurito.
“Il segreto della FELICITÀ è la LIBERTÀ. E il segreto della Libertà è il CORAGGIO” (Tucidide, V secolo a.C. )
“Freedom must be armed better than tyranny” (Zelenskyy)
franz
forumulivista
forumulivista

Torna a Temi caldi nel mondo